Lynda Arsenault is an expert in attracting, maintaining and accelerating Foreign Direct Investment opportunities. With over 25+ years of experience working in both the public and private sector, she has been instrumental in assisting international companies succeed in-market. For 10 years, Lynda worked in senior management positions for the Canadian government traveling globally with a focus on India, UK, Europe, UAE, Japan and the US attracting foreign direct investment (FDI) opportunities. In 2016, Lynda began her own consulting practice and joined forces with a few global advisory partners - all focused on helping international investment agencies attract FDI into their regions. Lynda has worked across all key sectors, clusters and industries of growth however, her speciality has been with the Outsourcing Sector attracting FDI in; BPO/ITO/KPO/RPO, GBS and Shared Services.
Ms. Arsenault sits on the regional board of The American Chamber of Commerce in Canada where she acts as FDI advisor and is a member of The Council of American States in Canada (CASC). She holds a Master’s Degree in E-Commerce (MEC) from Dalhousie University, an undergraduate degree from Saint Mary’s University and has obtained the Designation - Certified International Trade Professional CITP©/FIBP© through The Forum for International Trade Training (FITT).
FDI project experience includes working with the following clients: Jamaica Promotions Corporation (Jampro) | Dubai Airport Freezone Authority (DAFZA) | Tunisia Foreign Investment Promotions Agency (FIPA) | Invest Saxony-Anhalt, Germany | Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development (PADCED) | Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) | Howard County Economic Development Authority, Maryland | New Mexico Economic Development | Baden-Württemberg International (BW-i), Germany | Vienna Business Agency, Austria | Thurgau Business Development, Switzerland | Tshwane Economic Development Agency, South Africa (TEDA) | Lodz Agency of Regional Development, Poland | Caribbean Export Development Agency & Caribbean Association of Investment Promotion Agencies (CAIPA)
A few of her Accomplishments involving the Outsourcing Sector includes:
- 2016: Assisted CapGemini (formerly IGATE) set-up its 1st Canadian Delivery Center and assisted Minacs (now Concentrix) to set-up its first Canadian analytics division. Also led the Atlantic Canada Regional expansions of Xerox & ADP.
- 2017, Secured an investment attraction project with The Caribbean Association of Investment Promotion (CAIPA) and Caribbean Export Development Agency to attract C-level investors into the 23 Caribbean states through a main conference (Outsource to the Caribbean Event) held in Jamaica Dec. ’17. Accomplishments: Successfully attracted 25 international companies to the CAIPA Outsourcing event. Was then contacted by Caribbean Export in 2018 to host additional FDI activity.
- 2017, Hosted a delegation of 3 - Senior Executives from Poland’s Economic Development Agency - Region of Lodz - on an investment attraction mission to New York City and New Jersey. Secured 12 multiple C-level investor meetings with multinational companies (i.e., HGS etc.) and hosted an investment reception in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. The focus was on the Outsourcing and Information Technology sector.
- 2018, Hosted a delegation of 4 – Senior Executives from Tshwane, South African Investment Agency (TEDA) and the Department for Trade and Investment (DTI) on an in-market business development mission to New York, New Jersey and Toronto – setting-up 15 C- level investor meetings with a focus on the Information Technology and Outsourcing sectors.
- 2020 – Won a contract with The Dubai Airport Freezone Authority (DAFZA) to attract 25 C-level investment opportunities into DAFZA (contract in progress which includes GBS).
- 2020 – Won a contract with The Tunisia Investment Authority (FIPA) to attract 8 C-Level investment opportunities into Tunisia focused on the ICT/BPO sector (complete).
- 2020 – Secured a contract with Jamaica Promotions Corporation (JAMPRO) - to set-up 8 virtual FDI investor meetings from January 20201 to March 2021 (in progress focused on BPO).